Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm Becoming the Roast Beef Queen

As I posted before, I'm still learning to comfortably use big cuts of meat. A few weeks ago, I got sirloin tip roasts B1G1. I cooked one with ginger & a really yummy jus and put the other in the freezer. So, time for Round 2.

Yesterday, I went in a different direction. I cut slits in the meat and this time inserted garlic. Ummmm, garlic! Then, I spread Dijon all over the surface and sprinkled it with thyme. THEN, and this is a first for me, I covered it with slices of thick cut bacon. I've seen recipes forever using this technique to keep meat moist, but for some reason, I've just never tried it. Roasted in the oven for about an hour. Served it with acorn squash that I baked & filled with apples, raisins, walnuts and a little maple syrup and then lastly some steamed broccoli. It's hard to tell with Neil because when I ask if he likes my food, he just points at his empty plate and gives me this look (Uh, duhhhhh).
I feel like it was a success.

1 comment:

  1. I started doing that garlic into the roast trick in high school! Yah! Something I "invented" that my foodie friend "invented" too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...