Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Chicken and Waffles, My Way

 I've been away for quite some time.  Life since the pandemic has been hectic, chaotic, and sometimes just a pain in the ass. In the last year, we lost my mom, I've gotten divorced and my baby is now 18. There are too many adjustments to even count.  Through all this, I've never stopped cooking though. One major adjustment, along those lines, is learning to cook for two, or more often than not, just for myself. Now, I'm making the effort to commit to writing about my favorite subject again:  FOOD.

With it just being me and the kiddo most nights, we've gotten to where we just split meat. We share a chicken breast, tuna steak, a big ribeye; it's just enough for us.  Yesterday, I had some beautiful chicken thawed (I'll tell you another time about my newest meat source) and also had come Canadian bacon on hand. Time to work with what we've got.  


I still use, and love, my old GE waffle iron. My parents received this exact model as a wedding present in 1966. Thanks to thrift stores, I have two of them. They have removeable plates: waffle side and flip it over to flat side for killer grilled cheese or pressed sandwiches!  I made a simple waffle mix but added a bunch of cheddar.  Used a simple herbed, seasoned flour and fried up chicken breast, which I sliced into strips, of course.  Layered Canadian bacon on my hot, crispy waffle, chicken, a sprinkle of salt and then a drizzle of maple syrup.  What the what??  



Simple, easy and so yummy and most of this stuff, you probably already have.  If you're not a Canadian bacon person, use regular bacon, or sausage, or whatever you like.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...