Tuesday, June 4, 2024

General Tso's Chicken

 We've been on a bit of an Asian kick lately.  Yesterday, Viv came up with a by-the-seat-of-the-pants chicken stir-fry with mung bean noodles, which was very, very tasty. I was impressed with her use of the Shao Xing wine.  It makes such a significant difference and gives everything that distinctive Chinese flavor.

We've been planning this dish and finally got it made today.  General Tso's Chicken!  


As you can see, we paired our chicken with jasmine rice and some edamame blanched in water and soy sauce.  Viv found the dish rather spicy, which surprised me since I only used 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes.  But, she got herself a glass of milk and pressed on.

Because I'm pretty brain tired tonight, I'm just leaving this here.  If you are interested in the recipe I used, just let me know.  I am always happy to share. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...