Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's not the beach, but pretty close...

Today the temperature display in my car said 103.  It's the last day of May.  May is supposed to be springtime folks.  Yet, it's a hundred and friggin' three.  We haven't made it to the beach yet and at this rate, by the time we go, which is usually late summer, the entire planet will be ablaze and the ocean will be rapidly evaporating.  But, at least our homes aren't swirling up above us and crashing down thanks to some evil tornado, right?

Tonight, I decided to pull out a recipe that I debuted last summer (at the beach) because I'd discovered it right before we went for Mom's birthday (which is in actual summer, August to be exact.)  Maybe I was hoping just cooking it would conjure up a sea breeze or make my skin smell like coconut.  I don't know why it came to me, but it just seemed like the thing to do.  And, it's ridiculously easy.  Given the fact that today I've been plagued by afternoon narcolepsy, easy it good.


So, I can't take credit for this dish, but I can share it.  I found it on www.myrecipes.com and the printed version lives on top of  my microwave...  "Beach Shrimp".  I hope you enjoy!

  • 3 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
  • 1 (16 oz) bottle Italian dressing
  • 1 1/2 Tbs freshly ground pepper
  • 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
  • 2 lemons, halved
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup butter, cut up
Place first 4 ingredients in a 13X9" baking dish, tossing to coat.  Squeeze lemon juice from lemon halves over shrimp mixture and stir.  Add lemon halves to the dish.  Sprinkle evenly with parsley; dot with butter.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.  Serve (with LOTS of napkins!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...