Friday, June 17, 2011

That's my kinda sandwich!

I can be a VERY picky sandwich consumer.  In fact, I didn't actually eat a real sandwich until I was about 12 or 13.  I mean, I'd eat peanut butter & honey or peanut butter & banana sandwiches, but nothing with meat, cheese, lettuce, etc. I can't even begin to tell you why.  But I can tell you it was in Charleston. My family was there for a weekend.  We were staying in a hotel and one day, mom and dad bought all kinds of cool sandwich fixin's, fresh bread and set up a spread in our room.  That's when I took the sandwich plunge.  I've been a regular member of society ever since.

I realize this is not a shrimp sandwich, by the way.
However, I am still particular. I don't like peanut butter and jelly.  I can't stand the thought of any sandwich on white bread.  No soft sandwiches either...I hate biting into non-toasted bread and instantly having a bread denture wedged into my hard palate.  It's like it gets glued up there.  Ick to the Ick'd degree.  And, don't even get me started on the evils of baloney.

Anyway you guys already know how quirky I can be, so I really don't need to go on.  So, let's move on to the point, shall we?

Today I made myself my kind of sandwich. I have some "popcorn shrimp" in my freezer.  [BACK STORY: At parties, I have a tendancy to start conversations with the caterers.  Often, I end up with leftovers to bring home, or if it's a lot, we donate it to the shelters.  This shrimp was from a recent party.]  So, I crisped the shrimp up in the oven, with a little spritz of "Pam."  Then, I mixed up some mayo, Dijon mustard and chopped jalapeno.  Result?  Crispy shrimp, spicy mayo on (lightly) toasted wheat bread and shredded romaine.  Happy tummy with a little warm burn!  And practically no work for me at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...