Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cran you dig it?

When the weather (finally) gets cooler here in the South, there's a mad dash to create some homey, autumny food.  Especially since we've just endured about 5 months straight of blistering, hot, steamy, humid bliss that we like to call "Splummer".  I wonder if Spring and Summer will ever be two distinct seasons again?  Anyway, it's just not fathomable to consume warm, toasty, brown, orange, red, stewy and homey food until the sweat beads on one's brow have officially retreated for the year. 

 Enter the cranberry...Neil loves cranberry juice. So, I had a pork loin roast in the freezer and decided it was time to create a Fall supper.  I found this recipe online.


My pork loin was only about 2 pounds, so I cooked it for 30 minutes, basting every 10.  Let it rest and it was perfectly cooked.  Paired with wild rice & steamed green beans (as you can see) and I think it was a great cool night supper.  Even though she helped me cook, Vivian proclaimed "I don't care for it," so she ended up with leftover ribeye from the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...