Monday, August 8, 2011

Po Girl

Shrimp is one of my all time favorite foods.  Those little babies are so versatile and tasty and they are a cinch to cook. Great for breaking up any mealtime monotony too. 


I got a craving for a shrimp sandwich.  One thing I'm always looking for is the perfect remoulade.  There are as many variations as there are people on Earth.  I've made it using a recipe, winging it, trying to recreate something I had in a restaurant.  Mixed reviews on my concoctions, so I continue to look for just the right one.  Well, I may have found one I can stick with.  I looked around the Food Network's site and modified one of Tyler Florence's recipes.  Here's what I did:
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 1/2 tsp minced dill pickle
  • 1 1/2 tsp minced capers
  • 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 tsp chopped parsley
  • 3/4 tsp dried tarragon
  • 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
I mixed it all together and refrigerated for awhile to blend the flavors.  Then, I fried up some shrimp, sliced one of those big, red tomatoes we've been talking about, tore up some romaine and made myself a fantastic Po' boy, I mean, girl.  I got these really nice hoagie rolls from the Publix bakery that were perfect for this type of sandwich.  Slathered on the remoulade and piled in all the yummy ingredients. Success!
That's just a work of art, as far as I'm concerned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...