Monday, February 20, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies are Rollin' into Town!

Yes, it's that time again.  This is the Vivver's first year as a Daisy Scout, so it's our first experience selling Girl Scout cookies.  I'm proud of her (as usual).  She set a goal to sell 100 boxes; she sold 130.  I told how to approach people and what to say when they opened the door; she did.  This weekend, our troop will receive our cookies and begin delivery.

Caramel Delites, Peanut Butter Patties & Lemonades


It got me thinking...what is it about Girl Scout cookies that everybody loves?  Is it actually the cookie?  Is it the philosophy of helping young girls gain self-confidence and business sense?  Is it seeing the girls in their uniforms that have become so iconic?  Is it just the fact that it's become a piece of Americana?  I mean, the cookies are good.  But it's not like they are the most spectacular cookie on Earth, but we love them more than any other cookie I think.  I believe it's all of the above.  I don't think I've ever met a person who has said, "Man, I hate Girl Scout cookies."  No, in fact, when they go on sale, people practically dance in the streets.  We buy from mulitiple Girl Scouts.  And during the rest of the year, we ask, "When is it Girl Scout cookie time?"  And , we ALL say, this time I'm going to buy a lot so I can put them in the freezer.  Yeah, right.  We all know, no matter how many boxes you buy, they never make it to the freezer.  Never.

So, this weekend Viv and I will be busy delivering our orders.  Thanks to all of you who helped her meet and exceed her goal.  She's one proud little Daisy Scout indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...