Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Obsession with Lobster

It all started when I was a kid. A really young kid, like maybe four. My mom and dad were (and still are) really smart. When it came time to introduce a different, grown-up food, they had 5 magic words that worked on me like a charm..."Kings and Queens eat this."

Since I had absolutely no doubt that Queen Elizabeth was named after me, this royal tactic was particularly successful. So, at a very young age, I began eating stuff like lobster, artichokes, asparagus and black olives. Still some of my faves today.

Before I had my little girl, my mom, sister Katherine and I would take Mother's Day trips. After my uncle passed away, we included my Aunt Jennie. We had been to Chicago, Amelia Island and now it was my turn to pick a town and plan it. I knew two things: we were going to Maine and we were going to eat lobster until we were sick. Thanks to the internet & probably some luck, I chose a little town called Boothbay Harbor. We flew into Portland, hopped in a car and drove the rest of the way.

It was just what I wanted. My mom and I both managed to eat lobster in some form for every meal, except breakfast. But, if we'd come across a lobster benedict, we would have ordered it without question.

Hey, that gives me an idea! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...