Here's what I have planned:
- Tiropetas (these are little feta cheese/phyllo pastries. We grew up with Greeks, so we've been eating these all our lives.)
- Mini spinach & swiss quiches (homemade of course)
- Swedish meatballs
- fruit with amaretto dip (Thanks to my friend Ellen's awesome recipe)
- Chicken salad finger sandwiches (these will come from Mathias Sandwich Shop)
- Homemade petit fours
- White wine
- Ice tea
Thoughts? Opinions? Katherine and I are both non-traditional shower throwers and goers. We loathe shower games, so you can forget that. We're not really big on crepe paper streamers, bells or balls so decorations will be something simple like fresh flowers. And, my friend who's hosting it at her house and my mom cannot deal with paper plates and plastic ware, so Kay bought new wine glasses and glass plates for the occasion.
I mentioned my friend Ellen. A few years ago, she threw a shower for a friend. This is when I first tasted this amaretto fruit dip. It is light, flavorful and super easy. She was nice enough to tell me how to make it, so now I will share with you. Don't let the simplicity fool you...it tastes fantastic and everyone will rave about it.
ELLEN'S AMARETTO DIP
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 2 instant vanilla puddings
- 1-2 cups milk (just add until it looks right)
- 4 Tbs Amaretto
So, if any of you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Happy dining this weekend!