Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Scampi Dish


My little girl loves shrimp. This makes me happy because I also love them. I'm kinda like Bubba in 'Forrest Gump'...shrimp creole, shrimp and grits, shrimp burger, barbeque shrimp...

I've been asked about posting recipes and/or photos. I don't want to bombard you with recipes all the time, but every now and then I think it's ok and appropriate. Of course, more often than not, home food photos are atrocious and look like a plate of grey ickiness but, here goes...

Last night I did a scampi-type dish. Just sauteed about a pound of shrimp in butter, real butter, not "futter" (What Neil calls fake butter). Removed them from the skillet and then sauteed 2 tsp of minced garlic in a little butter for about 30 seconds and added 2 Tbs lemon juice, the shrimp, & some pepper. I also threw a splash of wine from my glass. I cooked some orzo, tossed with about 1/2 tsp salt and 2 Tbs minced parsley and served the shrimp on top. Roasted some asparagus and that was dinner. Much to my delight, the little one scarfed it up, including the asparagus (that can be a 50-50 shot usually).

Best of all, the entire meal took about 12 minutes to prepare. It was fast, easy, and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! Love the splash from the glass comment, as that is my tendency when cooking chilli with a cold domestic beer (accidentally) in hand. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...