Sunday, October 10, 2010

**Product Review**

P.F. Chang's Frozen Meals for Two

I love cooking Chinese at home. I love cooking anything at home. But, let's be real. I work 9 hour days, I have a VERY active 4 year old, I like to spend time with my husband, so sometimes, cooking just isn't in the cards. Especially when I come rolling in after dark and immediately have to join in on the "please, please, please just calm down and go to bed" routine. So, do I cheat occasionally with pre-fab food? Hell yes I do!



Take yesterday evening for instance. Picked up the Vivver after work, dodged all the football fanatic traffic, got home and went straight to the "please, please..." (see above). By the time that was all over, we knew the chances of getting take out or delivery was nil since every joint in town was now overrun with exuberant Gamecock fans. So, I turned to the freezer and decided to try out the new P.F. Chang's home meals (which I got for pennies, thank you coupon gods, and bought to give it a whirl). The one I had was ginger chicken with broccoli. Gonna have to give it a thumbs up.



It was really good! I am also a fan of Wanchai Ferry, but they have different components that have to be cooked in stages then put together. The Chang's simply required that the entire contents go into the skillet, cover it, give it about 15 minutes and done. Nice flavored sauce, not too sweet. Lots of broccoli, in fact, it's the first ingredient listed on the label. Good quality chicken, no funkiness (see my post about my meat issues for reference). In short, it was an awesome, fast, tasty, crazy-after-work-kinda dinner. If you have a schedule even remotely like mine, I'd recommend you give it a shot. It's comforting to me to know that I have stuff in my freezer that I can turn to in a pinch.

If you try it and like it, I'd love to hear it. If you don't like it, you can tell me but I'm just gonna tell you you're crazy. Ha Ha Ha... I crack me up...how do y'all stand me? :-)

3 comments:

  1. We love those things!! Glen is a big fan of the 'General Changs' aka Gen Zso meals. Along with the coupon stuff BiLo has been known to have them on their 'Meal Deals' for the week so definatly worth the few dollars. We also add a couple of Spring rolls to the mix because it just won't cover three meals (Ella loves the chinese now) Love the bloggs sista, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know! We have the garlic beef sitting in the freezer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to know! (and hey you two previous posters)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...